Ahh...the days of spaghetti with meatballs and chicken fettuccine is only an euphoric memory since the prescription of my gluten-free diet.
But I refuse to just sit and reminisce of my once glory gluten days. The other day I purchased gluten-free fettuccine by DeBoles and set out the ingredients to recreate one of my most beloved recipes I formerly enjoyed.
Now you know cooking gluten-free pasta is not the same as regular pasta. It's a skill; a skill I taught myself after mishaps of cooking too long (mushy noddles) or not long enough (twig-like noodles). But with a careful eye on the clock (obey the 6 minute rule), and occasion tender stirring, my pasta comes out perfect.
With a handful of fresh ingredients, you too can create a meal in less than ten minutes. Grab a bottle of wine, toss crisp mixed greens for a side salad, and you will have a meal that will replace your memorable experiences of pasta dishes.
8-oz package of DeBoles Gluten Free Rice Fettuccine (or any other desired pasta)
1 TBS oil, or more for the liking
1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
1 medium tomato, sliced into eighths
1 medium zucchini
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 TBS crushed oregano
4 (3-0z) cooked skinless chicken breast, sliced into chunks
- Begin boiling water for pasta; make pasta according to directions.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute mushrooms for about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and zucchini, and stir for about 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add garlic, oregano, and the chicken and mix until chicken is heated through.
- Remove lower the heat to low.
- Make pasta according to directions.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Rinse the pasta with cold water then immediately add pasta to the skillet and mix with chicken and vegetables until fully mixed.
- Add more oil if the pasta is too sticky. Heck, add more oil anyway.
- Serve immediately; gluten-free pasta hates the cold.
You know you want more recipes. Get my cookbooks, Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free for the Frugal and Lazy Cook and Bake Your Cake and Eat it Too!Product Resource: http://www.deboles.com/products/gluten-free-products.php